Electrosonic SA is pleased to announce the official opening of our Lighting Designer Contest (LDC) 2017! This contest is proudly hosted by us together with Martin Professional (Denmark), Lighthouse Holland and Mediatech Africa.
Submit your ultimate lighting show NOW! Entries close on 20 June 2017. Follow the Lighting Designer Contest on Social Media using #LDC2017SA
Finalists will be notified and announced from 30 June 2017, and will present their shows live at the Mediatech Tradeshow on Thursday evening, 20 July 2017!
The format of the Electrosonic Lighting Designer Contest 2017 is as follows:
- The Competition is open to all entrants who reside on the African Continent. There is no age limit or a cost to enter this contest.
- Contestants will have from the 18 April 2017 until 20 June 2017 to create and submit a show file. Entries close on 20 June 2017 without exception.
- The LDC Contest Pack with all details and software is now available. ENTER CONTEST to get the full info and to download the contest pack.
- A predesigned Lighting Rig designed in Martin Showdesigner with Martin Professional Fixtures hung on a structure will be included. This exact Rig will be setup at Mediatech 2017 (TicketPro Dome, Johannesburg).
- Contestants will need to install a Demo Version (provided) of MSD 6 software on their own machines. An internet Connection is needed to access the show file.
- Martin ShowDesigner 6 (MSD 6) will need to be used in conjunction with a Martin M-Series Platform Product (M-PC, M2PC, M2Go, M1ts or M6) or a desk of your choice to visualize your show. A compilation of music (max 5 minutes) will be supplied and will need to be played with your M-Series show file which must be run to this track (time coding ,symte or midi time control etc. will not be allowed).
- MARTIN M-Series consoles will be available at the contest but you are welcome to use your own console by prior arrangement. Contest is open to ALL Brands of Lighting consoles (MA , Avolites , Chamsys and Hogs, or any other console of your choice will be welcome).
- The Show file and a MSD 6 Video Rendering with the supplied music must be submitted to a shared dropbox account or delivered to Electrosonic SA in Johannesburg – 33 Lily Avenue, Northcliff, Johannesburg, South Africa, 2195 by close of date for entries.
- A panel consisting of Independent Professionals, previous LDC Contest winner Gary Sam, Mediatech Organiser Simon Robinson and Peter Dahlin from Martin Professional Denmark will judge the entries from the 20th June 2017. From the submissions, 5 finalists will be chosen. They will be notified from 30 June and announced on Social Media #LDC2017SA.
- If you are one of the 5 Finalists chosen, you will need to meet with the Electrosonic’s Live Event team (Stand A30) on 19 July 2017, a day prior to the LDC event (at Mediatech; TicketPro Dome; Johannesburg South Africa). You must ensure to book your own Entrance Badge to the Mediatech Show 2017 (FREE registration until 14 July 2017 on www.mediatech.co.za)
- Finalists will then need to be present at the Mediatech Africa Trade Show on Thursday 20 July at 16H00 for presenting their shows at the Finals of this Competition.
- Your show file will be loaded onto a M6 Lighting Control Desk, or your pre-arranged desk of choice and the soundtrack will be played. You will then have an opportunity to run your show file live and in sequence to the designated soundtrack.
- Although the audience will be participating in voting for the winner, the results announced by the Judges are final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The winner and two runners-up will each receive fabulous prizes from Electrosonic, Martin Professional and Lighthouse Holland.
- Prizes are not transferable and cannot be exchanged for cash.
- First Prize is a trip to Martin Professional’s headquarters in Denmark - all expenses paid.
- Second Prize is a Martin M-DMX, JBL Xtreme Portable Speaker & a 1 year Martin ShowDesigner license
- Third Prize will be a Martin M-DMX and a 1 year Martin ShowDesigner license
- All costs, accommodation and travel expenses to and from Mediatech Africa are for the Finalists’ own account
- By entering this contest you consent Electrosonic SA and Mediatech 2017 to use your show file, renderings and images of yourself in the media prior to and subsequently after the Mediatech Show for marketing purposes.