ProAV Tech Trends Showcase Impresses Audio Visual Integrators
By Sithembiso Xaba
Electrosonic’s ProAV Tech Trends Showcase was received with incredible excitement by Audio Visual Integrators when it toured around South Africa. Leaders in the AV industry were thoroughly impressed with the trending audio visual technology solutions which were on demo in Durban, Cape Town, and Port Elizabeth. The Showcase was rounded up in Johannesburg where it was extended by a full two weeks, due to client demand.
According to our Durban representative, Adheer Rampath, the MAXHUB Collaborative Interactive Display was the star at the Showcase. “The MAXHUB was very popular in Durban, definitely the main attraction. The clients were excited to see a real all-in-one product that could do everything from wireless presentation and control to annotation and with such ease of use. Clients were also happy about the price. They feel that for everything the touch screen can do, it has a competitive price point in the industry. Nobody had any difficulty understanding the functionality of the MAXHUB and everybody asked for future Showcases at our Durban office where Electrosonic will continue to host such demos on the latest audio visual technologies and solutions. I think that in the short time that people have seen the MAXHUB in action, it has been positively welcomed by all of our client groups (Corporate, Government and Education).”
Electrosonic’s Cape Town representative, Jorge Vilares, presented the second leg of the showcase at The River Club. He was extremely impressed with the turn out adding, “The products that stood out were the MAXHUB Interactive Display and the Arec Auto-Tracking Camera. Visitors were also interested in the Lumens VC-B10U high-definition ePTZ camera, specifically designed for huddle rooms. Most of the corporate guys thought it produced a nice image, had quite a good response and the zoom functions are brilliant.” Vilares was pleasantly surprised by the response of some of the clients, “AVICOM Audovisual and The Madina Institute were taken aback with the MAXHUB and was astonished by all the products we showed them. They were walking around with their jaws hitting the ground. They loved the solutions on display and are already looking at having them deployed.”
Reza Adams, the Technical and Operations Director at Enra Technologies in Cape Town attended the showcase on both days with some of his clients. “We decided to attend as we wanted to have a look at the MAXHUB and the Adena tracking camera. Ninety percent of our clients would be able to use the MAXHUB as they are moving towards this type of product. With the Adena products, we’re working at solutions for various clients to do streaming during meetings and conferences. At this present moment this seems to be the best product that we have found.”
When the showcase came to Johannesburg at Electrosonic’s Northcliff office, it drew a large number of audio visual system integrators with their clients, to the point that a lot of people asked for the Johannesburg showcase to be extended.
Gerrie Coetzee, Electrosonic’s ProAV Technical Manager added, “It has been an amazing showcase traveling across the country. The products were very well received and we have an abundance of requests to do Proof of Concept demos. If you would like to arrange additional demonstrations for your clients, please get in touch with us.”
Chris Botha, the owner of Itec Technology Solutions attended the Joburg Showcase and shared his impression of the MAXHUB Interactive Display. “The touch screen on this product is amazing, especially with the interactive panels. I think the big advantage it would give me in the market space is the fact that it’s adaptable to different technologies. For instance, you can go from Android to Apple and connect to a laptop – it’s a really easy move around. We’re very big in the education market and can see the way people can collaborate on it. It can really be a market-leading solution for us in the classroom where the devices range from Android to Apple. This is an extremely advanced product for its pricing and we’ll definitely be coming to support you guys.”
TECHNOLOGY TRENDS SETTING THE STAGE:
- MAXHUB X3 Collaborative Interactive Display (dual operating system, built-in cameras & microphones; and pre-loaded white boarding software – the works!)
- “Your Most Committed Follower” – Arec (by Adena) Auto-Tracking & PTZ Camera CI-T21H
- TURN your COMPUTER into a STREAMING STATION with *Rada’s Rada (by Adena) HDMI to USB Bridge Plug-and-Play, no drivers or software needed!
- Portable, compact, all-in-one Media Station with multiple Full HD video source capturing. With Arec (by Adena) Media Station KL-3W you simultaneously capture, switch, mix, stream and record live. Easy to Create Your Live Video Like a Pro!
- Lumens VC-B10U high-definition ePTZ USB camera, specifically designed for classrooms, small meeting rooms and distance learning
- Lumens VC-A50P PTZ IP camera is superior in its range, with full HD 1080 signal output, 20x optical zoom lens and excellent white balance. Perfect for broadcasting a crisp clear image
- Be in full control of all your PTZ cameras with the Lumens VS-KB30 IP Camera controller. The auto backlight keypad display also comes in handy with darker rooms!
- ProSpectre Advanced Display Technology - the most competitively-priced Large Screen Computers in Southern Africa! Interactive/non-interactive. Big or small.