We are looking for Technical Support Technician in the Live Events department, based in JHB.
Position Reports To: Live Events Manager
Basic Function: To assist Clients solving technical problems. Assist and Provide Product Technical Training where needed. Build trust and relationships with clients, venues and Electrosonic Stakeholders. Stay up to date with Technology and Products within the Live Event Segment of Electrosonic.
PRODUCT TECHINCAL SUPPORT & CLIENT RELATIONS
- Provides technical support to clients by identify/troubleshoot problems; researching answers; guiding client through corrective steps
- Assist in Product Training on Electrosonic Lighting Products arrange product updates, arrange loan equipment where needed.
- Maintain a high level of customer satisfaction / after sales service
- Maintain a working knowledge of products and services and an up-to-date understanding of industry trends and technical developments that affect the entertainment lighting market
- Be actively involved in product roadshows, open days and exhibitions.
- Attend trade exhibitions, conferences and meetings where required
- Assist with frontline technical support and/or facilitate more advanced technical support with the technical Support Team Members
- Assisting with Stock Takes and Demo Equipment
- Performs other various duties as assigned by management.
- Be willing to work after hours and at short notice as part of a standby team.
- Attend Live Events and Shows of Clients after hours to foster the Client relationship.
SUPPLIER TECHNICAL RELATIONSHIPS
- Liaison with Allocated Supplier/s from a Technical Perspective
- Updating the team on product issues and tech notes, software releases as and when they occur
KNOWLEDGE / EXPERIENCE
- Must possess a matric certificate, related tertiary studies and/or two (2) years’ experience in a related field
- The ability to grasp and understand the fundamentals of specialized Electronic equipment to fault find and repair Electrosonic Products in order support the Live Events customers,
- Previous sales / business development experience in a technical sales position
- Experience within the Live Events environment
- Experience and knowledge of Live Events lighting and control
SKILLS / STRENGTHS
- Customer Service Orientated
- Able to work under pressure and show deadlines.
- Outgoing personality
- Ability to meet with new people and to form long term working relationships with dealer basis
- Shows initiative
- Attention to detail