Basic Function: The Supply Chain Manager will direct or coordinate production, purchasing, warehousing, distribution, and financial forecasting activities to limit costs and improve accuracy, customer service and safety, as well as maximize customer value and achieve a sustainable competitive advantage. He/She will need to examine existing procedures or opportunities for streamlining activities to meet product distribution needs. Direct the movement, storage, or processing of inventory.
Position Reports To: CEO
- Manage Stock Levels
- Document physical supply chain processes, such as workflows, cycle times, position responsibilities, or system flows.
- Implement new or improved supply chain processes.
- Manage activities related to strategic or tactical purchasing, material requirements planning, inventory control, warehousing, or receiving.
- Lead and develop core planning meetings, with the necessary agenda, input and outputs. Ensure effective planning, common understanding and delivery targets
- Performs other various duties as assigned
Logistics & Inventory Control
- Oversee the Receiving and Dispatch
- Monitor supplier performance to assess ability to meet quality and delivery requirements.
- Ensure materials and products are received on time and intact, and in the quality at the cost agreed with the client
- Assess appropriate material handling equipment needs and staffing levels to load, unload, move, or store materials.
- Oversee the control and allocation of stock which includes Demo, Loan and standard inventory
- Sign off credit notes / returns
Production & Procurement
- Develop material costs forecasts or standard cost lists.
- Design or implement warehousing strategies for production materials or finished products.
- Negotiate prices and terms with suppliers, vendors, or freight forwarders.
- Monitor forecasts and quotas to identify changes or to determine their effect on supply chain activities.
- Analyse inventories to determine how to reduce cost (without compromising on quality), increase inventory turns, reduce waste, or optimize customer service.
Knowledge / Experience / Skills:
- Ability to manage all levels of staff
- Excellent motivational and persuasive skills
- Budgetary formulation and control abilities
- Excellent planning and administrative abilities
- Excellent communication skills
- The skills to work both independently and as part of a team
- Attention to detail
- Customer Service Orientated
- Takes ownership
- Shows initiative