Broadcast Grade HD & SD Multi–Format Motion–Compensated Frame Rate Converter & Broadcast Up/Down/Cross Converter
The SP−14 is a broadcast grade MEMC frame rate/standards converter. It accepts HD, SD & computer graphics signals, performs frame rate conversion, format conversion, frame synchronization, scan conversion and aspect ratio conversion as required, as well as embedded timecode processing and closed caption conversion. It is also applies powerful noise reduction & image enhancement to improve poor quality video.
- Frame Rate Conversion — Motion Estimation Motion Compensated (MEMC) conversion.
- Content Adaptive MEMC — Phase Plane Correlation and Block Matching Motion Estimation.
- Conversion Capabilities — Near–HD from SD up–conversion, SD to HD, HD to SD, HD to HD with support for CEA & SMPTE formats, scan converts computer VESA or CEA graphics with motion compensation, converts between all common broadcast and film frame rates.
- 3G HD–SDI, DVI/HDMI & Analog Signal Connectivity.
- Scene Cut Detection.
- Cadence–Aware MEMC — Preserves film–look by cadence conversion on scene–by–scene basis.
- Aspect Ratio Conversion & Pan/Zoom/Tilt/Trim.
- Broadcast Grade Performance — With 1024–tap scaling filter.
- Closed Caption Support — HD CEA708 & SD CEA608 formats.
- VITC/LTC Embedded Timecode Support — With automatic delay correction.
- Frame Synchronizer.
- Channel Logo Insertion.
- Audio Embed and De–Embed, Audio Delay Correction.
- Flexible Proc–Amp Controls.
- 2D Detail Enhancement — Sharpness control, Detail Enhance, Real–Time Unsharp Mask.
- De–Interlacer — Post–production/broadcast grade motion adaptive SD & HD de–interlacer with 3:2, 2:2 and non–standard/variable cadence detection.
- Noise Filtering and Reduction — Per pixel motion adaptive temporal/film noise filtering HD & SD, MPEG2 codec mosquito and block noise reduction for SD.
- AES & Embedded Audio In & Out.
- Built–In Test Pattern Generator.
- USB Port — For firmware upgrade.
- Control — Front panel controls with character LCD display, Web server for remote contol via TCP/IP, API–based remote control via RS–232 serial port or TCP/IP.
- Dual Redundant Power Supply — Two power feeds for critical applications, 100–264V AC.